Carter Advantage™ Portfolio Management
Once your plan is in place, we put the recommendations and financial solutions to work through our four-step implementation process, which has been refined and perfected for over four decades.
Your financial advisor will analyze alternative strategies based on the design of your financial plan and financial impact.
You and your financial advisor select what resources to use to best meet your plan specifications and your priorities.
Your financial advisor executes the selected strategies.
Measure and Manage
Your financial advisor recommends adjustments to your portfolio based on changes in your life and the performance of your assets.
Portfolio Management Services
Click the categories below to learn about the broad range of services Carter wealth managers are equipped to provide.
- provide asset allocation recommendations
- oversee and monitor institutional models and managers
- monitor and rebalance investments
- consolidate and simplify investments
- analyze economic environment
- review and make recommendations for employer retirement plans
- test and assess client’s investment personality
- identify financial ‘blind spots’
- help set realistic goals
- help stay on course during difficult times
- provide resources through major life changes
- provide a sounding board for major financial decisions
- position investments based on current tax laws
- monitor and plan for capital gains and losses
- maintain up to date cost basis
- review tax returns for future tax planning
- coordinate with client’s CPA to maximize tax efficiency
- develop strategies for charitable endeavors
- connect clients with local charities (if requested)
- manage gift transfer process for securities and/or cash
Risk Management & Insurance
- analyze current annuities
- evaluate life insurance needs
- review disability insurance requirements
- evaluate and plan for long-term care insurance needs
- review liability insurance coverage
- examine medicare needs and connects clients with enrollment experts
- analyze lending and debt requirements
- organize a bucket strategy for income
- plan for required minimum distributions (RMDs)
- develop a Social Security strategy
- facilitate family meetings regarding legacy planning, business transitions or management changes
- plan for continuity of family’s financials through multiple generations
- provide information and assistance spanning all services for older and younger generations of client’s family
- second generation financial planners provide services for the rest of your life, and those of the next generation
Connector and Coordinator
- assemble, coordinate and consult with expert providers in accounting, tax, estate planning, risk management, real estate and banking